The IT Systems Administrator works directly for the Director of ICT and is a part of the ISS IT Office. This position serves as the IT systems administrator responsible for servers and network that directly support the day-to-day ICT environment for faculty, staff and students.
Working with the Director of ICT, the IT Systems Administrator will perform various network and system administration tasks including configuration; upgrades and updates; hardware and software deployment, investigation of technical solutions, as well as management of ISS cloud solutions.
This position is initially for 2 years.
Skills and Experience
- Administrative experience of enterprise network solution, such as Cisco Meraki
- Administrative experience of Microsoft Windows Server systems and services
- Administrative experience of Microsoft Office365 and Azure AD cloud solutions, or equivalent on-premise systems; Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint server, etc.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting, and task automation
- Experience with network monitoring tools, such as Cacti
- Experience with data logging/analysis tools, such as Splunk
- Experience with virtualization platforms, such as VMware
- Experience with networking hardware, such as switches, access points, firewalls
- Experience with RADIUS, NPS and other network authentication methods
- Experience with network printing and printing systems like Papercut
- Working knowledge of Linux system administration
- Working knowledge of server hardware and SAN devices
- Working knowledge of backup solutions, such as Veeam
- Other duties assigned by the Director of ICT in line with the job description
- Ability to employ logical methodology while troubleshooting and resolving computer related technical problems such as corrupted or lost data, file management, application software problems and operating systems problems
- Ability to patiently listen to the user's description of the problem, probing with knowledgeable questions, interpreting information to advise and guide the user to an effective solution; as well as the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relations with faculty, staff, students, and parents, as well as vendors and suppliers
- Ability to coordinate tasks and projects, set timelines, document progress, and make adjustment when necessary to ensure the timely completion of goals
- Ability to carry out the system and network testing process in a clear, complete, technically sound, and well documented manner
- Ability to use good judgement in interpreting IT policies, procedures, priorities, and services in the presence of conflicting user needs and demands
- Ability to understand the ISS Mission Statement and Values, and to apply those in the day-today work
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbally, to share information with co-workers and users and to explain policies and procedures in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to respond to problems independently, and with adequate follow-up even after business hours
- Ability to update and learn new skills in response to a changing work environment
Judith Bucksch, Human Resources Manager ■ International School of Stuttgart e.V. ■
Sigmaringer Str. 257, 70597 Stuttgart, Germany
Apply for IT Systems Administrator
Have a account? Sign in now and we'll pre-fill this application for you.